What should the Europe look like in the next 5 years?
I think it is obvious, it should be the community which works for everybody not a few. The one which focuses on people – the needs of Europeans and what comes with it the environment.
It is they key moment in our history when we need to take major steps to finally stop the climate change. To act for the both peoples’ and animals’ conditions. It should be the more united, stronger Europe which finally is a player on international ground not just the follower. Why? To bring our European values to different countries in Africa, Asia, America. We need to ensure that ALL products which come to the EU come from responsible sources, from companies which respect human rights, working conditions and dignity. We finally have to take responsibility for our past decisions and help developing countries in their way to sustainable societies for everyone.
In summary I would suggest:
– creation of the European labour agency which would verify the working conditions of imported items. The ones which come from producers which don’t respect the workers rights or have a negative impact on the environment should be prohibited.
– further European integration in aim to eventually create one European federal country.
– the head of the European Commision should be chosen in direct elections by all European citizens.
– the role of the European council should be smaller. It should have the ability to block the Parliament decisions.
– the European Parliament should have a bigger role.
– the member states which don’t respect the European values should be influenced to do so.
– we have to bring the Eastern Europe closer to the western by destroying the economic borders between our societies.
– harmonise all laws and taxes across the whole EU
– ensure that all Europeans have access to the same standards of education across Europe
– Create one educational programme for the whole EU (to ensure the same standards of education)
– Let the people vote for transnational elections list
– Common European Army
– Euro currency in every European country
– Creation of the European Constitution
– Common European energy market
– The same prizes of medicine across Europe
– Ensure that all European companies no matter if from east or west are treated the same and have the same chances to start a business
– Ensure that giant companies pay their taxes
– Ensure abortion until the 12tg week as the human right, the abortion should be available for everybody in every member state
– LGBT+ rights should be protected across the EU ( transfusion, same sex Marriages, change of gender identity in documents should be implemented in every member state)
– The church should pay it taxes equally as the rest of the society, it shouldn’t be excluded from it. The division of church and the state should be ensured in every member state.
– invest in renewable energy and resign totally from coal until 2030